Divorce mediation is a confidential, problem-solving process in which a neutral lawyer mediator guides you through all necessary decisions and documents needed for a divorce or separation. You and your partner meet together with the mediator to gather information, discuss options and create your own agreement. The lawyer mediator provides education and professional resources so the two of you can identify goals, negotiate effectively and resolve issues.
Family Mediation Center focuses on helping you meet your family’s needs and create your own agreement without a court battle.
Divorce Mediation Services in Wisconsin
Family Mediation Center allows you to work with an integrated divorce and separation team to fulfill your unique family needs. A team may include a lawyer mediator, a financial neutral, a child/family specialist, and other resources as needed.
We can help with issues related to:
Divorce, Legal Separation
• Understand and navigate the divorce or legal separation process
• Gather and understand financial information and options
• Discuss current and future impact of financial and child-related decisions
• Understand legal issues for same sex couples
• Mutually create agreements
• Adjust maintenance (alimony) or child support based on new economic circumstances
• Establish new placement schedules or child-related decisions
Non-Married Couples and Domestic Partners
• Understand legal options
• Create a separation agreement
• Establish Paternity
• Establish child custody, placement, and support arrangements
• Address the unique needs of couples and families
• Address guardianship and/or probate issues for aging, disabled or deceased loved ones
• Understand the impact of divorce on public benefits